651 Mercer Street
After World War II ended in 1945, several black veterans began meeting with their friends to organize social events. In 1952 the men incorporated their group as "Club Eight" named for their eight founding members: President Louis Greenwood, Secretary Charles Parrish, Treasurer Richard Parrish, Frank Jordan, Jake Robinson, Wes Gregory, Louis Bowman, and George Howard. The club quickly became the focal point of the township's black community. Besides sponsoring annual events such as its Easter Egg Hunt, the club also began raising money for a scholarship fund. In 1972 the club purchased this building from Paul Davis, who had constructed it in 1948 as a restaurant.