The East Windsor Township Animal Control Unit is currently staffed with ACO James St. John, a licensed Animal Cruelty Investigator/Animal Control Officer and three licensed part-time Animal Control Officers. The functions of Animal Control include: rabies control, West Nile Virus (WNV) specimen collection and submission, animal cruelty investigation, and enforcement of state and local animal control laws and regulations such as; illegal animals, licensing of pets and running at large.
ACO James St. John of the Animal Control Unit may be reached by calling the East Windsor Township Police Department at (609) 448-5678 ext. 229. The regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm (excluding holidays).
In the event the Animal Control Officer is not available to take your call you may leave a message indicating your name, return telephone number and the nature of the problem/complaint. If you are calling for an EMERGENCY please dial '0' for immediate emergency assistance.
REMINDER TO ALL DOG OWNERS!
ALL DOG licenses are to be renewed during the month of January each year. All dogs seven (7) months of age or older, kept or harbored in East Windsor Township, are required to be licensed.
Dog Licenses may be purchased in person, or by mail, from the Municipal Clerk’s Office, 16 Lanning Boulevard, East Windsor, New Jersey 08520. In order to process your license the following information is required:
- Proof of rabies vaccination – State Law requires proof of rabies vaccination valid through November 1st of the current licensing year for each and every dog to be licensed; and
- A statement signed by a veterinarian or a notarized statement of the owner attesting that the dog has had its reproductive capacity permanently altered through sterilization; and
- Check or money order for all fees payable to East Windsor Township: $15.20 neutered dog $18.20 non-neutered dog
- There will be an additional late fee of $1.00 per month commencing February 1st of the licensing year and continuing each month no license is obtained
LICENSES MUST BE RENEWED BEFORE JANUARY 31ST OF THE CURRENT LICENSING YEAR
NJ ANIMAL CRUELTY LAWS
- 4:22-17 Cruelty; certain acts, crime; degrees
- 4:22-26 Penalties for various acts constituting cruelty
- Guide to Prevention of Animal Cruelty Laws 2018