IF YOU ARE SELLING OR RENTING YOUR PROPERTY CLICK HERE
RESTAURANT OWNERS, WINTER OUTDOOR DINING: East Windsor Township remains committed to providing for safe Outdoor Dining. Please review the State's Latest:
Permit applications are available in the Municipal Building vestibule, and may be submitted by inserting the completed applications in the wooden box located within the vestibule, or the black mailbox located in the traffic roundabout, or by email, postal mail, or fax.
Regarding Inspections, the DCA has published guidelines which this department adheres to. Please read the attached document for guidance and contact the office with any questions:
https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/alerts/pdfs/COVID_memo.pdf This department is currently inspecting per usual norms, with masks, if the Owner chooses. Please wear a mask and maintain 6' distance from the inspector.
The Building Department remains committed to providing the public and contractors exceptional service in this time of concern, within the safety guidelines.
REVISED PERMIT FEES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: https://www.east-windsor.nj.us/media/Township%20Ordinance/2020/Ordinance%202020-10%20Permit%20Fees.pdf
16 Lanning Boulevard
East Windsor, NJ 08520
609-443-4000 ext. 202
Department Fax: 609-443-6865
Department Email: email@example.com
The East Windsor Township Code Enforcement Department is comprised / divided into 4 departments / sections:
- Code Enforcement / Uniform Construction Code (UCC)
- Bureau of Fire Prevention
- Commercial Maintenance
The Code Enforcement / Uniform Construction Department is comprised of:
- Building Subcode Official: David Larkin Ext 202
- Technical Assistant: Susan Protonentis, SCHEDULING: Ext 206
- Fire Subcode Official: Tim Murray Ext 262
- Electric Subcode Official / Electric Inspector: Richard Such Ext 205
- Plumbing / Mechanical Subcode Official: Bill Roman Ext 212
- Fire Protection / Plumbing / Mechanical / Building Inspector: Tim Murray Ext 262
The Code Enforcement Department performs the following duties:
- Receives & processes construction permit applications.
- Performs plan review per current adopted codes for compliance (building, electric, fire, mechanical & plumbing).
- Prices out & fees up construction permits.
- Issues permits.
- Collects all construction permit fees.
- Schedules & performs all required & requested inspections in a timely manner.
- Issues certificates of occupancy / continued certificate of occupancy / certificates of approval.
- Tracks all outside agency third party elevator inspections & fees. Answers & investigates all construction code complaints & inquiries.
- Reports all monthly construction activities & fees to the Department of Community Affairs (DCA).
- The appointed Building Subcode Official, David Larkin, responds to all emergency calls & fire calls as requested & needed by the East Windsor Township Fire Companies & the East Windsor Township Police Dept. on a 24/7 basis.
The EWT Bureau of Fire Prevention:
- EWT Fire Prevention Official: Kevin Brink Ext 207
- EWT Fire Prevention Inspector: Simon Hernandez Ext 204
The first function of the EWT Fire Prevention Bureau is the yearly scheduling and performing of all required & NJ State mandated fire & safety inspections, collection of fees & recording these inspections for all commercial & industrial business establishments throughout East Windsor Township. The second function is the scheduling, performing inspections, collection of fees, recording these inspections & issuance of certificates for the certification of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms & detectors & fire extinguisher compliance prior to the sale of all single family residences, condominiums and for rental tenants for the same in individually owned units.
East Windsor Township Zoning Department:
The EWT Zoning Officer is responsible for the enforcement & regulations of the Township of East Windsor Land Use Law, as it pertains to the EWT Zoning Ordinance Chapter #20.
East Windsor Township Commercial Maintenance Department:
This department enforces The Township of East Windsor Land Use Ordinance Chapter XVII: Commercial and Industrial Maintenance Code. As per Chapter 17-1, The Township of East Windsor finds that certain unsafe, unsanitary conditions tend to occur at various commercial and industrial facilities in the township unless proper maintenance procedures are followed. The duty of the EWT Commercial Maintenance Inspector is to enforce these procedures.
Zoning / Code Enforcement Officer: Joseph Lalka 609 443-4000 Ext 203
CODE LINKS: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/codreg/
SWIMMING POOLS: https://up.codes/viewer/new_jersey/ispsc-2018