Snow Removal Services
Street safety is a primary concern for the Township during the winter months. The Public Works Department provides snow removal and deicing of Township streets whenever road conditions call for these services.
Please remember that snow removal operations are being performed under emergency conditions. Drivers experience extended workhours to provide safe, effective removal. Please help us in protecting the safety of your children playing in areas of accumulated snow, especially if "igloos" have been built in prior storms. The best step to take is not to allow unsupervised children out to play when snowplow operations are expected and until they are completed. Here are tips for the homeowner:
- Leave the last two (2) feet of your drive unshoveled until we have completed curb to curb removal. This will prevent our plows from plowing this area back in.
- If you must shovel the very end of your driveway prior to our completion, place the snow to the right of your driveway (with your back facing your house). If placed in this area, this lessens the amount of snow plowed back onto the drive area.
- These tips may help you avoid shoveling the end of your driveway more than once. Please understand that proper plowing operations for the roadway cannot prevent the redeposit of snow in driveway areas.
- Observe the "NO PARKING WHEN SNOW COVERED" signed areas.
- Township property owners shall not allow obstructions to project into the roadway which may be hazardous. Portable basketball backboards and nets should not be placed in the roadway or on the curb in such a manner that the rims overhang the roadway (Ordinance 25-9A.6).
- Township property owners with a sidewalk abutting their property are responsible for clearing it of snow and ice within 25 hours (Ordinance 5-7A.1).
- Township property owners shall not throw or place any snow or ice onto Township streets (Ordinance 5-7A.2). Residents are responsible for their contractors.
- If you have a driveway plowing contractor, please remind them of these regulations.
- A special reminder for residents who live on Cul-de-sacs; these areas are particularly difficult to plow. We place snow accumulation in the most practicable area(s).
- Please place your garbage cans on your property and NOT on/in the street. Objects in the roadway are our biggest deterrent in efficient plowing operations.
If you have any concerns or questions during snow removal operations, please call us at (609) 443-4000 ext. 215.