- Curbside Recycling
- Electronics Recycling
- White Good Recycling
- Cellular Phone Recycling
- Other Recycling Services
- Recycling Events
Recyclables do not need to be separated. Recyclables are currently collected under a newer system of recycling collection and sorting. Residents can use green or yellow recycling cans for any eligible recycling materials.
The following items can be placed in your curbside recycling containers:
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs and “junk mail”
- School, copier and computer paper
- Dry food boxes (remove liners)
- Powdered detergent boxes
- Shoe and gift boxes
- Brown paper bags and gift wrap
- Telephone books
- All colors of glass food, beverage jars and bottles (clear, green, or brown)
- Aluminum food and beverage cans
- Steel/tin bimetal food and beverage cans
- Decorative steel such as cookie tins/ band‑aid cans
- Plastic bottles (#1 or #2 in recycling symbol)
- Juice drink boxes
If your recycling is not collected on the day scheduled, please call (609) 443-4000, ext. 215. Be sure to provide your street address. Also be aware that recycling collection is often not completed until 5 or 6 P.M. due to the size of the route.
When recycling is missed, the missed stops are collected within 24 hours from the time of notification to the contractor. Please do not remove recycling from the curb during that period.
Additional Recycling Cans
Additional or replacement recycling containers are available for purchase at Cornercopia, located at 519 Mercer Street . There is no limit to the number of containers that can be used. Recycling containers come in green and yellow. You may use either color or both colors for all recycling. Large cardboard can be placed loose.
Recycling is collected on every other Wednesday. See Street Index (link to street index) to determine your Area number. You are in Area 1 if your regular trash days are Monday and Thursday. You are in Area 2 if your regular trash days are Tuesday and Friday.
2019 Recycling Dates
The East Windsor Electronics Recycling Program provides a convenient and responsible way to recycle all forms of electronic including: radios, all size appliances (e.g. microwaves, toasters, air conditioners, refrigerators), DVDs, VCRs, electronic games, copiers, fax machines, tape recorders, answering machines, ballasts and most other electronic items are now eligible. Almost anything with a plug or battery is accepted.
Individuals are responsible for removing data from hard drives and other storage media before dropping them off.
Residents can drop off electronic recycling, Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 3 pm, excluding holidays, at the Township Public Works facility located at the corner of Ward Street and Etra Road. For questions on a specific item not listed, contact Public Works at (609) 443-4000, ext. 215 or by email at email@example.com .
White goods curbside pick-up is performed on the third Wednesday of each month for the entire Garbage District. There is no Street Index to look up. It is the same day for everyone!
White goods material consists of stoves, refrigerators, clothes washers, clothes dryers, dishwashers, hot water heaters, other metal jacketed appliances, and steel.
Please be reminded of a few points to assist us in collecting your white goods:
- White good items cannot be placed at curbside before 9 pm the night before scheduled pickup and must be at curbside by 7 am the day of pickup.
- Material must be free from sharp jagged edges.
- Goods must be curbside. No collection will be made from any other location on residents’ property, including inside the home.
- Doors on appliances must be removed for the safety of our children!
The Township accepts used cellular phone and chargers for recycling. Cell phones can be dropped off at the Municipal Building, located at 16 Lanning Blvd, East Windsor, and the East Windsor / Police Court Building located at One Mile Road, East Windsor. Any questions, call Public Works at (609) 443-4000, ext. 215.
East Windsor Township provides other disposal services to residents . The following items may be dropped off at the Public Works Facility on Ward Street, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Computers, televisions, and all other electronics
- Car Batteries
- Standard size automobile tires, without rims. Tires may not be dropped off on rims. Tires must be dismounted before drop off. No commercial tires are accepted. Dealers, garages or other businesses may not drop off tires at this site. Tire drop off is for personal disposal by residents only!
- White Goods drop off is available for residents who do not wish to wait for the third Wednesday of the month for white goods collection. White Goods drop off is also available to any Township resident who is not within the Garbage District.
East Windsor Recycling Special Events
In the spring, summer, and fall, Mayor Janice S. Mironov and Members of Council will hold special Recycling Day Events. Free paper shredding services to recycle old personal documents and confidential files securely will be available to East Windsor residents only . No Commercial drop off will be accepted. Items that will be accepted for drop-off are: cell phones, fluorescent bulbs, computers and computer components, printer cartridges and used eyeglasses (for the Lions Club). RISE also will be on site to collect usable furniture, clothing, blankets and working household appliances and electronics. Dates and place will be announced in the Township E-News and on the Township website. For further information, call (609) 443-4000, ext. 215.
Other Recycling Events
Mercer County Household Hazardous Waste events are held three times per year. Dates are posted on the Township website and in the Township E-News when the dates are confirmed. The following products are accepted: insect repellents, pesticides/herbicides, weed killers, stains, varnishes, acids, caustics, paint, paint thinner, vehicle batteries, antifreeze, chlordane, pool chemicals, etc. See www.mcianj.org for information. Special Note: Electronic Waste is accepted at Hazardous Waste Days. Hazardous Waste days are held at: Dempster Fire Training Center, 350 Lawrence Station Road, Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
Mercer County Shredding and Electronic Waste Disposal events are held twice per year. Dates are posted on the East Windsor Township website and in the Township E-News when the dates are confirmed. The following products are accepted: Camera equipment, CPUs, Circuit Boards, Copiers, Electric Wire Fax machines, Keyboards, Mouse, Microwaves, Phones, Printers, Scanners, Stereo Equipment, TVs, & VCRs – See www.mcianj.org for information. Electronics Waste Disposal events are held at: Sun National Bank Center – Lot 1, 80 Hamilton Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey.