Selling Your Home
If you are selling or renting your property the Township follows this process:
- Completely fill out our Fire Inspection Form. Selling Your Home.pdf
- Drop off or mail the form with a check or money order for $50.00 made out to East Windsor Township. The Township does not accept credit cards.
Allow one week for processing
- We will call you to schedule the inspection. Inspections are in the morning on varying days. The certificate is valid for 60-days, so determine your closing date prior to scheduling.
- The Fire Inspector looks at the operation and life of the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, as well as the fire extinguisher, the record of work, and site conditions.
- Smoke detectors must be 10 years old or less, and carbon monoxide detectors must be 7 years or less per manufacturer's labeling.
- One 2A10BC fire extinguisher is required within the dwelling with a current (this year) label or tag in the kitchen and does not have to be hung on the wall.
- If you fail inspection, the process is the same, with a $25.00 re-inspection fee.
Lead-Based Paint Inspections in Rental Dwelling Units
Any Questions concerning lead-based paint inspection please contact the Township health department.