Selling Your Home
If you are selling or renting your property the Township follows this process:
- Completely fill our a Fire Inspection Form. Selling Your Home.pdf
- Drop off or mail the form with a check or money order for $50.00 made out to East Windsor Township. The Township does not accept credit cards.
Allow one week for processing
- We will call you to schedule the inspection. Inspections are mornings only on varying days. The certificate has a 60 day life, so determine your closing date prior to scheduling.
- The Fire Inspection looks at the operation and life of the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, as well as the fire extinguisher, the record or work and site conditions.
- Smoke detectors must be 10 years old or less, and carbon monoxide detectors must be 7 years or less per manufacturer's labeling.
- One 2A10BC fire extinguisher is required within the dwelling with a current (this year) label or tag in the kitchen and does not have to be hung on the wall.
- If you fail inspection, the process is the same, with a $25.00 re-inspection fee.